Support - Inside Wire Program
EATEL's Wire Protection Plan
EATEL takes pride in keeping your service running smoothly, maintaining hundreds
of miles of lines connecting thousands of homes and businesses throughout Louisiana.
Once the wiring enters your house, however, it becomes your responsibility
to maintain it. Repairs to this wiring could be costly unless you subscribe
to EATEL's Wire Protection Plan.
With this Service Plan, for a small monthly fee, should repairs become necessary
to the telephone, data and/or video wiring, modular jacks and/or outlets within
your home, an EATEL technician will arrive and fix them.
Important information about Wire Protection Plan:
- Under this plan, EATEL does not repair sets or equipment related to your
telephone, data and/or video service, so any maintenance needs on the equipment
should be referred to the vendor or supplier.
A. EATEL shall repair at no additional cost, the inside telephone, data and/or
video wiring, jacks and/or outlets used to provide EATEL telephone, data or
video services that serve your residence. This service is defined as consisting
of the necessary adjustments and repairs of the inside wiring, jacks, and/or
outlets including but not limited to the following:
- Replacement of defective concealed inside wiring with concealed wiring
whenever it is possible. Both EATEL and the customer must agree on the location
of and the method of replacement when concealed wiring is involved.
- Replacement of defective jacks/outlets.
- Identifying sub-standard inside wiring and jacks that are not in accordance
with industry standards.
- Determine and isolate trouble to customer-owned equipment (i.e., telephone
sets, computers, etc.)
B. Maintenance service covered by this plan SHALL NOT INCLUDE the following:
- Travel trailer, motor home, multi-unit dwelling, location and/or complex
business installations. (Apartment complex, shopping malls, mobile home parks,
- Repairing or replacing the inside wiring, jacks and/or outlets when rendered
inoperative by Acts of God.
- Re-running wiring under buildings.
- Customer-owned equipment (i.e., surround sound, computer, TV, etc.).
- Responsibility for any damages that may occur to customer owned and/or
leased equipment due to wiring faults, shorts, grounds, etc.
- Maintenance of attachments or other devices not approved and/or installed
- Repairs made necessary by misuse, willful neglect of customer, negligence
of customer's employees, agents, contractors or invitees.
- Repairs made necessary by sub-standard, pre-existing wiring.
- Outlets or wiring not activated or originally installed by an authorized
C. Customer shall provide safe and adequate working space, heat, light, ventilation,
electric current and outlets for use by EATEL at no charge to EATEL.
D. Once Customer subscribes to EATEL’s Wire Protection Plan,
there is a 30-day waiting period before maintenance coverage begins.
A. Current monthly recurring maintenance charges:
- Residential Service (Ascension/Livingston Parish customers only) -- $4.95
per month, per household.
- All charges for Wire Protection service are subject to change upon
thirty (30) days written notice.
- All charges are payable as specified on your EATEL bill.
A. All terms and conditions for Wire Protection Plan are
subject to change upon thirty (30) days written notice.
Customer Requested Premise Work
A. EATEL will install new inside wiring, jacks, and/or outlets or repair sub-standard
wiring not covered under this plan if the customer agrees to pay all appropriate
premise work charges. To find out the premise work charges, you can call our
business office at (225) 621-4300 or 1-800-621-4211.
Price of service does not include applicable taxes. All EATEL services are sold subject to terms and conditions contained in applicable tariffs and/or contracts. Any inconsistency between this information and such tariffs and/or contracts will be resolved in favor of such tariffs and/or contracts. Services available where facilities permit.